Sometimes children throw you for a loop and you stand their with your jaw dropped.
You probably think I’m going to tell you that I have all the solutions, because I’m a licensed Social Worker, internationally Certified Family Life Educator, second-generation parent educator, parenting expert to the media, and author of the award-winning book The Parent’s Toolshop® who has been training tens of thousands of parents from diverse families over 30 years.
NOT! Think anyone’s posed a situation to me that I didn’t have an immediate solution to? You bet! It mostly happens on radio call-in shows when I have only seconds to think and about one minute to present a brilliant response!
But…I have a plan I can fall back on to help them find the answer that fits their situation…and the plan has never failed yet!
Most parents come to me before they have figured out a consistently reliable plan. When challenges come, they are more likely to:
• Randomly pick tools and use trial-and-error until they figure out what works.
They sometimes get short-term results, but usually find out later there were negative side effects they didn’t expect…and have to undo!
• Accidentally skip steps and jump to a more extreme reaction, which makes the response ineffective or even makes matters worse!
• Frantically try different tools, switching from one approach to another. The inconsistency alone causes confusion and frustration for them and their child. Plus, they sometimes abandon an approach that would have worked if they’d only stuck with it longer!
When you have a reliable, step-by-step parenting plan that uses the most effective tools available, you are most likely to get the results you want. When challenges come, you can:
• Stay level-headed, organized, calm, cool and collected.
• Choose the most effective tools for that situation, so it will work best with your child.
• Use the tools in the best order, to prevent problems from recurring or getting worse.
• Know exactly what to say and do, respectfully, firmly and effectively.
• Confidently follow through with your plan, consistently, long enough to see the results.
If you don’t have a parenting plan, I invite you to try the Universal Blueprint® Parenting Success Formula. Any parent can use it; it’s universally effective. You can customize it fit any situation with any child. Best of all, you can make it part of your own unique parenting style. With a little practice, it becomes second-nature and you can respond effectively in seconds!
The Parents Toolshop® book offers the most detailed instructions for using 150+ practical language & action tools, their advanced uses, how to adjust each tool for use with children ages 1-18, examples of its use, applications to common real-life challenges, true stories, practice exercises and a 1000+-topic index for future reference.
Yet…everything that makes The Parents Toolshop® so comprehensive contributes to it’s 456-page length. Although it’s written in easy-to-read language, it is a lot of reading! Most parents are so busy, it’s hard for them to read a whole book! Plus, lots of parents are looking for quick answers. And parents who have read The Parents Toolshop® book would like a quick-reference guide.
Now, there’s a quick and easy way to learn the “Universal Blueprint® Parenting Success Formula”. . . with The Universal Blueprint® CHOOSE YOUR OWN PARENTING SOLUTION Hintbook. This interactive e-book will walk you through the step-by-step process of finding an individualized effective response to any parenting challenge involving children ages 1-18. Just answer three questions and take up to five steps to find the response your answers lead you to.
The Hintbook e-book is GREAT! I have your Parents Toolshop® book and the Hintbook is great for finding things quickly and perfect for helping to guide me through problems with kids. We seem to repeat the same problems, so I can use the Hintbook to help plan response for problems I know I will be facing. The best thing about the tools is the fact that they just make sense. Not all parenting books out there do.
— Vikki Moore, Loveland, OH
For years, parents have been asking me to create three resources for using the Universal Blueprint® Parenting Success Formula:
1. A super-short reference guide that lists the 150+ practical parenting tools that I describe in detail in The Parents Toolshop® book.
2. A resource that walks them, step-by-step, through the three questions and five steps they take when planning an effective parenting response.
3. A totally automated and customizable resource that helps them apply this proven-effective parenting plan to any situation they encounter with their children.
Well, I’m not a magic genie, but I can now grant all three wishes at once with The Universal Blueprint® CHOOSE YOUR OWN PARENTING SOLUTION Hintbook.
• If you’ve never read The Parents Toolshop® book and just want the basics or are looking for a quick introduction to the Universal Blueprint® Parenting Success Formula and it’s 150+ practical language and action tools, then the Hintbook will suit your needs.
• If you have read the book or taken a Parents Toolshop® class, the Hintbook will remind you of all you learned and will guide you through the Universal Blueprint® Parenting Success Formula whenever you are facing a parenting challenge.
Are you afraid you’ll feel overwhelmed by too many choices? The Hintbook will take you step-by-step so you only see the most appropriate tools for the situation you are dealing with. Of course, you can look at any page, any time, to plan ahead!
All you need to know is what type of problem you are facing and what you want to accomplish. The Hintbook will take you to the best tools for that situation!
Need a different response for different situations or children? Just answer the questions based on that situation, at that moment, with that child. Then click the link or turn to the page your answer leads you to. At each step, with every situation, you are in the driver’s seat, so each solution fits your needs, values and rules.
When you insert a LeadLink™into an email, recipients can subscribe to your email list, sublist or even sign up for a webinar, just by clicking on the link. This makes it easier for people to join your lists and boosts your conversion rates.
Once you master this fully-automated problem-solving system, you can find individualized effective responses to common everyday parenting challenges in minutes! Try it when you are dealing with:
• The toddler “No” stage • Power Struggles • Temper tantrums • Sibling squabbles
• Neglected chores • Pouting • Whining • Complaining
• Procrastination • Poor Time Management • Being Disorganized • Forgetfulness
• Disrespectfulness • Poor Manners • Impulsiveness • Bullying
• Potty training • Not sharing • Being clingy • Peer Pressure
• Being Overly Dramatic • Moodiness • Defiance • Testing limits
• Smart-aleck attitudes • Irresponsible driving • Lying • Sneaking
• Manipulative mind games • Messy Rooms • Emotional Meltdowns • Picky eaters
• Wanting to date too young • Getting too hot and • Experimenting with • Sabotaging
• Destructive revengeful heavy on dates dangerous substances • Too Many Toys
behavior • Sibling conflicts • Homework • School problems
• Children doing what you • Children not doing what • Annoying attention- • Giving up or quitting
just told them not to do you just told them to do seeking behavior when discouraged
• Refusing to go to bed • Not getting to sleep • Lame excuses at bedtime • Waking in middle of night
• Messy rooms • Stealing • Slow in the mornings • . . . AND MORE!
If you need more tips, just check out the Hintbooks' page references and index in The Parents Toolshop® book. I give suggestions for every one of these challenges in the book!